There’re various methods to prepare a dish with the lovely Chinese New Year’s cake/sticky rice cake and this is a speedy yet presentable one!
The vegan recipe for Fried Sticky Rich Cake with Mashed Sweet Potatoes:
servings – 5
- 250 g sticky rice cake/nian gao 年糕 (dice)
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (* steam sweet potatoes, peel and mash)
- 3 tbsp wheat starch
- Combine mashed sweet potatoes and wheat starch; divide into portions.
- Wrap the diced sticky rice cake in the above sweet potato pastry.
- Fry in hot oil over low heat until golden brown.
- Remove, drain and serve.
Hi, Good Day to you!
Do you have [年糕]’s recipe?
Thanks for the idea, we shall include this in the fan wish list. 🙂