The vegetarian recipe for Nutritional Rice Ball Soup:
servings – 2
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 5 1/3 cup water
- 4 shiitake mushrooms (soak in water until soft, remove the stems and shred)
- 1/2 carrot (shred)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- Combine glutinous rice flour and water (1/3 cup), knead the dough, roll into small balls and set aside.
- Heat oil, saute shiitake mushrooms and carrot until fragrant and place in a pot.
- Add water (5 cups), bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add glutinous rice balls, salt, nutritional yeast flakes and white pepper powder.
- Stir evenly and cook until the rice balls float.