The vegetarian recipe for Bread Crumbs Crusted Pumpkin Burgers:
servings – 4
- 250 g or 1/2 pumpkin (peel, remove the seeds, cut into cubes, steam until soft and mash)
- 2 stalks Chinese celery
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Combine all the ingredients and seasonings.
- Form into rounds and coat in bread crumbs.
- Heat oil, fry the pumpkin burgers until golden brown, dish out and drain.
- May serve with lemon juice.