The vegetarian recipe for ‘Wild Fern Shoots in Spicy Coconut Gravy’:
- 1 kg of wild fern shoots/pucuk paku (pluck out the shoots, wash and set aside)
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 5 bird’s eye chilies (slice)
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Heat oil, stir-fry turmeric powder + bird’s eye chilies over low heat until fragrant.
- Add wild fern shoots and stir-fry over high heat until tender.
- Add salt + coconut milk and stir evenly.
- Add water, cover the pan and briefly simmer over low heat.
- Dish out and serve.