The vegetarian recipe for Vegan Hot Dog Buns:
servings – 3
Vegan Hot Dog Buns
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 tsp instant dry yeast
- 1 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine water, sugar and instant dry yeast; leave aside to ferment for 5 minutes.
- Sieve wheat flour into a big bowl; add the above mixture, vegetable shortening and salt; combine and knead the dough.
- Cover the dough with a piece of cloth for 10 minutes, knead the dough and divide into 3 equal portions.
- Then, roll each portion into a long cylindrical shape.
- Spray some water onto the dough and coat with white sesame seeds.
- Lay the bread dough in a baking pan, cover with a piece of cloth and leave aside to ferment for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 170°C for about 30 minutes.
- Remove and cool.
- 6 Vegan Hot Dogs (fry until golden brown, remove and drain)
- 1 cucumber (remove the core and cut into thin strips)
- 1 tomato (slice, sprinkle some salt over and mix)
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard
- 3 tbsp Vegan Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pickled Cucumber Strips: combine cucumber with apple cider vinegar, salt and sugar; set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- Slice Vegan Hot Dog Buns in half lengthwise, apply vegan butter and tomato sauce to the inner sides.
- Lay fried vegan hot dogs and pickled cucumber strips in the buns.
- Top with tomato, yellow mustard and vegan mayonnaise.