《Homemade/DIY Vegan Hot Dogs》
20 vegan hot dogs
- 1/2 cup golden flax seeds (wash, soak in water overnight and drain)
- 1 cup soy beans (wash, soak in water overnight and drain)
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms (soak in hot water for 1 hour and finely chop)
- 3 cups Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP)/Textured Soy Protein – minced
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp crushed dried oregano
- 1 tsp crushed dried basil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sweet paprika powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- Place golden fax seeds, soy beans and water in a blender; pulse until smooth and transfer the mixture into a food processor.
- Add cashew nuts, almonds, peanut butter, vegetable shortening, virgin coconut oil and all the seasoning; process until smooth and transfer the mixture into a big bowl.
- Add shiitake mushrooms and TVPs and mix well.
- Apply some oil on a flat surface and both hands.
- Scoop out the mixture, place on the flat surface, divide into segments and roll into hot dog shapes.
- Lay the the vegan hot dogs on a greased pan, cover with PE food wrapping film and keep in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- For serving: heat oil and fry the frozen vegan hot dogs over low heat until golden brown.