The vegetarian recipe for ‘Hakka Herbal Porridge’:
- 3 cups of mint leaves
- 1 cup of basil leaves
- 2 cups of sweet wormwood leaves
- 1 cup of coriander
- 3 tablespoons of white sesame seeds (roast)
- 1 cup of peanuts (roast)
- 1 tablespoon of green tea powder
- 4 cups of puffed rice
- 1 liter of water
- 1/2 tablespoon of salt
- Put mint leaves + basil leaves + sweet wormwood leaves + coriander + white sesame seeds + peanuts (1/2 cup) + green tea powder + water + salt in a blender and puree.
- Then, place the herbal puree into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Serve the herbal soup with roasted peanuts + puffed rice.
* You may also accompany the dish with sauteed dry tofu, long beans, winged beans and diced preserved turnip which will taste even better. Enjoy the health meal!