The vegan recipe for Corn and Coriander Vegetable Hotcakes:
servings – 5 pieces
- 1 sweet corn (cut the corn kernels off the cob)
- 3 stalks coriander leaves (cut into fine sections)
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Mix the sweet corn kernels with coriander leaves, rice flour, wheat flour, water, salt and black pepper powder; mix until a smooth batter is formed.
- Heat oil.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the vegetable batter into the pan and fry both sides until golden brown; repeat this step until the batter is used up.
- Remove, drain and serve.
This I am definitely going to try. Do you think canned corn would change the flavour at all?
The major difference of using either fresh sweet corn or the canned corn should be the level of freshness and corn flavor, hope it helps, thanks!