The vegan recipe for Lotus Root Stuffed with Sticky Millet:
servings – 4
Stuffed Lotus Root
- 1 large lotus root – about 500 g (wash)
- 1 cup sticky millet (soak in water for 2 hours, drain and set aside)
- 1 tbsp white peppercorns (crush)
- ½ tbsp salt
- Mix sticky millet with crushed white peppercorns and salt.
- Cut off a 1 cm slice from one end of the lotus root.
- Stuff the millet mixture into the holes of the lotus root (by using a chopstick to push it into the holes until they are filled).
- Return the lotus root slice to the end and fix it with toothpicks.
- Place the stuffed lotus root in a pot and add water until it covers the lotus root.
- Cook over medium heat for 1 hour.
Sichuan Pepper Seasoned Salt
- 2 tbsp Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 tsp 5-spice powder
- 3 tbsp salt
- Saute Sichuan peppercorns over low heat.
- Add salt and 5-spice powder; stir until fragrant.
- Dish out, let cool and grind finely.
- Slice the Stuffed Lotus Root, lay the slices on a plate and serve with Sichuan Pepper Seasoned Salt.