Wouldn’t this be a superb breakfast snack for your beloved mum? Don’t forget to complement it with a cup of warm soy milk. Salute to all mothers, Happy Mother’s Day!
The vegan recipe for Oat and Sunflower Seed Snack Bars:
servings – 12 pieces
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Place water and brown sugar in a pot; cook and constantly stir until a silky syrup is formed.
- Mix oatmeal and sunflower seed kernels; transfer the mixture into a rectangle or square (greased) baking pan and spread evenly.
- Then, pour the syrup over and press the oat mixture into the pan.
- Bake at 160°C for about 35 minutes.
- Remove, let cool and slice.