The vegan recipe for Cream of Potato and Mushroom Soup:
servings – 4
- 400 g potatoes (peel, cut into chunks, steam for 20 minute and set aside)
- 1 can white button mushrooms (dice)
- 4 cups unsweetened soya milk
- ½ cup coriander leaves (chop)
- 1 cup soya mince
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed dried rosemary
- 1 tsp crushed dried basil leaves
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp white pepper powder
- Heat olive oil (3 tbsp) in a sauce pan at low flame, add soy mince, drip soy sauce over, saute until golden brown, sprinkle ground black pepper over, mix well, remove and set the sauteed soy mince aside.
- Place potatoes and unsweetened soy milk in a blender; pulse until a smooth potato puree is formed.
- Heat olive oil (2 tbsp) in a sauce pot at low flame.
- Add crushed dried rosemary and basil leaves; briefly saute.
- Add potato puree and stir well.
- Add nutritional yeast flakes, white button mushrooms, sea salt and sugar; stir evenly, bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle white pepper powder over and briefly stir.
- Ladle into soup bowls and top with sauteed soy mince and chopped coriander leaves.