The vegan recipe for Pasta with Vegan Meatballs in Tomato Sauce:
servings – 2
- 150g linguine pasta (boil in salted water until al dente and drain)
- 12 vegan meatballs
- 1 can white asparagus stalks (drain and cut into sections)
- ½ cup pineapple cubes
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 lemon (squeeze the juice)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp crushed dried rosemary
- 1 tsp crushed dried basil leaves
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Pasta: Mix the linguine pasta with olive oil (1 tbsp) and ground black pepper; set on plates.
- Vegan Meatballs in Tomato Sauce: Lightly fry the crushed dried rosemary and basil with olive oil (2 tbsp); add tomato puree, white asparagus stalks, lemon zest, nutritional yeast flakes, soy sauce, sugar, salt and water; stir well and simmer for 1 minute; add diced bell pepper and pineapple cubes and stir-fry for ½ minute; mix corn starch with lemon juice, sprinkle it over the sauce and stir evenly; add vegan meatballs and mix well.
- Ladle the Vegan Meatballs in Tomato Sauce over the pasta.