The vegan recipe for Steamed Baby Cabbage with Sliced Mustard Tuber and Shiitake Mushrooms:
servings – 4
- 4 heads baby Chinese Cabbage (cut in half lengthwise, blanch in boiling water until tender, remove and set aside)
- 5 shiitake mushrooms (soaked in water until soft, cut into strips and set aside)
- 100 g pickled mustard tuber (cut into strips, soaked in water for 10 minutes, remove and set aside)
- 1 tsp tapioca starch or wheat starch
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Arrange baby Chinese cabbage on a steaming plate.
- Heat vegetable oil, saute shiitake mushrooms and pickled mustard tuber strips over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil; stir well.
- Add water, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tapioca starch and sugar; stir well.
- Pour over the baby Chinese cabbage and steam over high heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove and serve.