Homemade/DIY Fried Vegan Drumsticks
10 vegan drumsticks
- 500 g fresh bean curd sheets
- 10 lemongrass stems
- 4 tbsp wheat flour
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- ¼ tsp white pepper powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tbsp sand ginger powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp wheat starch/gluten-free wheat flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup ice water
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp sand ginger powder
- ¼ cup cashew nuts (crush)
- First, thaw the frozen fresh bean curd sheets, unfold and spread out on a flat pan.
- Then, mix all the seasonings in a blender, transfer to a pepper shaker and sprinkle evenly on the bean curd sheets.
- Roll the bean curd sheets over the lemongrass stems to form chicken drumstick shapes.
- Tighten the vegan drumsticks by winding thick cotton threads around them, keep them in a sealed container and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the drumsticks from the refrigerator, steam for 30 minutes, cool and untie the threads.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the batter ingredients and stir until a smooth batter is achieved; in another mixing bowl, combine the crunchy coating ingredients and mix well.
- Heat oil over medium heat, dip the vegan drumsticks in the batter, layer with crunchy coating and fry until golden.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.