The vegan recipe for Pineapple Fried Rice:
servings – 5 to 6
- 1/2 pineapple (peel, core and cut into 1 cm cubes)
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms (soak in water until tender, remove the stems and dice)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (cut into 1 cm cubes)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (cut into 1 cm cubes)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (cut into 1 cm cubes)
- 1 cup soya mince
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Heat vegetable oil, fry soya mince over low heat until golden brown, remove, drain and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, fry shiitake mushrooms until fragrant.
- Add soy sauce and sugar, stir-fry for 10 seconds, then add water and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add fried soya mince and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add rice and stir-fry for 1 minute over medium heat.
- Add all the bell pepper and pineapple cubes and stir-fry for ½ minute.
- Add black pepper powder and salt, quick stir to combine, remove and set on a plate.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and roasted cashew nuts.