The vegetarian recipe for Sweet and Sour Soy Protein:
servings – 4
- 20 textured vegetable protein/TVP cubes (soak in water until soft and remove from water)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into small pieces)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/3 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine wheat flour, self-rising flour and water.
- Coat the TVPs with the batter, fry until golden brown, dish out, drain and set on a plate.
- In some remaining frying oil, saute chili saute and tomato sauce until fragrant.
- Add sugar, salt, bell peppers and some water.
- Stir evenly and briefly simmer.
- Ladle the sauce and bell peppers over the fried TVPs.