The vegetarian recipe for ‘Stewed Bailing Mushrooms with Broccoli’:
servings – 8
- 1 can or 420 g bailing mushrooms (cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices and keep the mushroom liquid)
- 10 shiitake mushrooms (soak in water until soft and remove the stems)
- 250 g broccoli (cut into florets)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 slices ginger
- 1 tsp tapioca starch (mix with some water to form a thickening paste)
- 300 g water
- 4 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Heat oil, add ginger slices and saute until fragrant.
- Add sesame oil and shiitake mushrooms; saute for about 1 minute.
- Add vegetarian oyster sauce, saute until fragrant, add water, cover the pan and stew over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add mushroom liquid and bailing mushrooms; stew for another 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook for about 1 minute.
- Lastly, add tapioca paste and sugar; stir evenly and bring to a boil.