The vegetarian recipe for Vegan Fried Egg:
servings – 15 vegan fried eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin flesh (steam till soft)
- 1/2 cup golden flax seeds (wash and soak in 3 1/2 cups water overnight)
- 1/2 cup soaked kombu/kelp (soak kombu in water for 1/2 hour)
- 3/4 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp salt
Vegan Egg White
- Place golden fax seeds (with water), kombu and salt (1/2 tsp) in the blender; pulse until smooth.
- Gradually add in potato starch (5 tbsp) and pulse until well mixed.
- Transfer 3 1/2 cups of the above Vegan Egg White into a bowl.
Vegan Egg Yolk
- In the remaining Vegan Egg White, add pumpkin, cashew nuts, coconut milk, nutritional yeast flakes, potato starch (3 tbsp) and salt (1/2 tsp); pulse until fine.
- Switch to low speed, pulse, add olive oil gradually; blend until the mixture thickens and becomes smooth.
- Transfer the above Vegan Egg Yolk into a bowl.
Vegan Fried Egg
- Preheat a non-stick pan over low heat.
- Coat the pan surface with some olive oil.
- Ladle 1/4 cup of the Vegan Egg White into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Take a spoon full of Vegan Egg Yolk and place it in the center.
- When the edges of the Vegan Egg White turns crispy, remove and place it on a serving plate.
- Repeat the above steps (2 – 5) as necessary.
- Should there be any surplus mixtures, keep them in the fridge for future frying and serving.
That is quite creative! I’ll have to try sometime.
Thanks for your appreciation. Hope you will find the recipe suits your taste. Cheers!