The vegetarian recipe for Vegan Fried Egg:
servings – 15 vegan fried eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin flesh (steam till soft)
- 1/2 cup golden flax seeds (wash and soak in 3 1/2 cups water overnight)
- 1/2 cup soaked kombu/kelp (soak kombu in water for 1/2 hour)
- 3/4 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp salt
Vegan Egg White
- Place golden fax seeds (with water), kombu and salt (1/2 tsp) in the blender; pulse until smooth.
- Gradually add in potato starch (5 tbsp) and pulse until well mixed.
- Transfer 3 1/2 cups of the above Vegan Egg White into a bowl.
Vegan Egg Yolk
- In the remaining Vegan Egg White, add pumpkin, cashew nuts, coconut milk, nutritional yeast flakes, potato starch (3 tbsp) and salt (1/2 tsp); pulse until fine.
- Switch to low speed, pulse, add olive oil gradually; blend until the mixture thickens and becomes smooth.
- Transfer the above Vegan Egg Yolk into a bowl.
Vegan Fried Egg
- Preheat a non-stick pan over low heat.
- Coat the pan surface with some olive oil.
- Ladle 1/4 cup of the Vegan Egg White into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Take a spoon full of Vegan Egg Yolk and place it in the center.
- When the edges of the Vegan Egg White turns crispy, remove and place it on a serving plate.
- Repeat the above steps (2 – 5) as necessary.
- Should there be any surplus mixtures, keep them in the fridge for future frying and serving.