The vegetarian recipe for Simmered Ginger and Bean Curd Sticks in Mushroom Sauce:
servings – 6
- 5 shiitake mushrooms (soak in water until soft, remove the stems and cut in half)
- 3 bean curd sticks (fry until fragrant, briefly soak in water and cut into 1 inch sections)
- 1/2 vegetarian salted chicken/素醃鸡 su yan ji (cut into small pieces)
- 1 big portion ginger (slice)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat oil, add ginger slices and pan-fry until fragrant.
- Add shiitake mushrooms and vegetarian salted chicken; saute until fragrant.
- Add bean curd sticks, water, salt and vegetarian oyster sauce.
- Simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.