The vegetarian recipe for Cassava and Sago Pearls Dessert Soup:
servings – 8
- 1 cassava root (peel and cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup large sago pearls
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 16 cups water
Cassava Dessert Soup
- Place water (8 cups) and cassava pieces in a pot.
- Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar and coconut milk; stir evenly and turn off the heat.
- Place water (8 cups) in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add sago pearls, stir well, cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and keep the sago pearls in the pot with lid closed for another 15 minutes.
- Ladle the sago pearls into a sieve, rinse under cool water and drain.
Cassava and Sago Pearls Dessert Soup
- Ladle Cassava Dessert Soup into dessert bowls and add in Sago Pearls.