Wishing all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
The vegetarian recipe for Christmas Cake:
- 4 cups wheat flour (sieve)
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 250 g butter (room temperature)
- 2 tsp liquid food color – bright red
- 2 tsp liquid food color – apple green
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla flavor
- 1 tbsp candy beads – assorted colors
- Warm up fresh milk and put in a mixing bowl.
- Add baking powder and baking soda; stir evenly.
- Add evaporated milk, sugar, butter, wheat flour and vanilla flavor; whisk until smooth and fine.
- Divide the batter into 2 portions.
- Add bright red and apple green liquid food colors to the respective batters; stir evenly.
- Gently pour the batters (green – larger pan; red – smaller pan) into respective greased cake pans (small round shapes; different sizes).
- Put in a preheated oven and bake at 170°c for about 40 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Spread some whipped cream on top of the green layer; then, place the red layer on it.
- Coat the cake with the remaining whipped cream.
- Sprinkle over with candy beads.