The vegan recipe for Kombu Nuggets:
servings – 20 vegan nuggets
- 150 g kombu/kelp (soak in water until soft and cut into thin strips)
- 4 slices ginger (dice)
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- Place the kombu, ginger and water into the blender; pulse until smooth and transfer the kombu puree into a big bowl.
- Add self-rising flour, rice flour, salt, sugar and white pepper powder; mix until well-combined.
- Scoop out the kombu paste with a tablespoon and fry it in hot oil until golden brown.
- Remove, drain and serve.