The vegan recipe for Eryngii Mushroom and Cashew Nut Soup:
servings – 4
- 200 g eryngii mushrooms/king oyster mushrooms (dice)
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup ground golden flax seeds
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups water
- 200 g potatoes (peel, cut into small cube, fry till golden brown and set aside)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Place eryngii mushrooms, cashew nuts, ground golden flax seeds and water in the blender; pulse until smooth.
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil over low flame; add dried oregano leaves and briefly saute.
- Pour the mushroom puree into the pot.
- Add sea salt, occasionally stir until the soup boils, then simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle fried potatoes and ground black pepper over.