The vegan recipe for Fried Tofu with Spicy Tamarind Dressing:
servings – 3
- 6 blocks firm tofu (cut into ½ cm thick slices, sprinkle some salt over, lightly fry in hot oil, remove and lay them on a serving plate)
- 2 tomatoes (cut into chunks)
- 1 thumb-sized young ginger
- 2 fresh chilies (cut into chunks)
- 3 stalks basil leaves
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste (soak in 1 cup water, stir well, strain the juice)
- Place tomatoes, young ginger, fresh chilies, basil leaves, corn starch, sugar, salt and tamarind juice in the blender; pulse until a smooth puree is formed.
- Pour the puree into a sauce pan, bring to a boil and briefly simmer.
- Evenly spread the spicy tamarind puree over the fried tofu slices.