The vegan recipe for Bean Curd Puff Sushi:
servings – 30 pieces of vegan sushi
- 1 cup calrose rice/sushi rice
- 15 bean curd puffs (blanch in boiling water, remove, let cool, squeeze the water out, cut in half, remove the inner layer and set aside)
- 30 green peas (blanch in boiling water, remove, drain and set aside)
- 1 tbsp roasted black sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Place calrose rice and water in the rice cooker; turn on the rice cooker.
- When the rice is cooked, remove, place it in a big bowl and let cool.
- Add rice vinegar and salt; mix evenly.
- Add roasted black sesame seeds; mix evenly.
- Stuff the rice into the bean curd puffs.
- Top with green peas.
- Serve with wasabi and Tempura Dipping Sauce.