The vegan recipe for Vanilla Bean Cookies:
servings – 50 vegan cookies
- 3 vanilla beans (cut lengthwise into 2 halves, scrape and collect the seeds)
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Combine wheat flour and vegetable shortening.
- Add water, baking powder and sugar; knead until a smooth dough is formed.
- Then, blend the dough with the vanilla seeds.
- Spread some wheat flour on a table, roll out the dough into a layer of 1/2 inch in height.
- Use a round (or your desired form) cookie cutter to cut out the round shapes (or your desired shapes).
- Lay them on baking trays and bake at 170°C for about 35 minutes.
- Remove, cool and serve or store in an airtight container for future serving.