The vegan recipe for Sweet and Sour Fried Rice Vermicelli:
servings – 2 to 4
- 250 g rice vermicelli (soak in water until tender, remove and drain)
- 1/2 cucumber (cut into fine strips)
- 1/2 carrot (cut into fine strips)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- Heat vegetable oil.
- Add water and all the seasonings; stir well and briefly simmer.
- Add carrot and rice vermicelli; stir well and simmer until absorbed over medium heat.
- Add cucumber and mix well.
- Remove and serve.