The Vegan Recipe for Stir-Fried Celery, Ginger and Lily Bulb with Pine Nuts:
servings – 4
- 4 fresh lily bulbs/xian bai he 鲜百合 (tear into petals, wash, rub some salt over, wash again and set aside)
- 300 g celery (peel coarse fibers, wash, cut into diagonal sections, blanch in boiling water until transparent, remove, drain and set aside)
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 10 slices fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp tapioca starch (mix with some water and set aside)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp nutritinoal yeast flakes
- Heat vegetable oil; stir-fry ginger slices and pine nuts until fragrant.
- Add celery and lily bulbs; stir well.
- Add sea salt and nutritional yeast flakes; stir well.
- Add water, cover and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add tapioca paste and sugar to thicken the sauce.
- Add red bell pepper and stir well.