Tasting is believing it! The innovative vegan seasoned soy sauce is a finger licking good barbecue sauce. Pairing it up with the munchy fried bean curd parcels makes a non-vegetarian see vegan/vegetarian food from a different perspective.
The vegan recipe for Munchy Bean Curd Parcels in Seasoned Soy Sauce:
servings – 4
- 2 pieces fresh bean curd parcels/生豆包 sheng dou bao (cut into pieces and fry until golden)
- 1/2 tbsp toasted white sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp plum sauce
- 1/2 tsp 5-spice powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- First, mix all the seasonings (except 5-spice powder).
- Heat vegetable oil and saute 5-spice powder until fragrant.
- Add the mixed seasonings (Step 1) and water; simmer for about 30 seconds.
- Add fried bean curd parcels and coat evenly.
- Remove, set on a plate and sprinkle white sesame seeds over.