This is a premium vegan Chinese salad best serving at a Chinese wedding, Chinese New Year celebration or other auspicious occasions. The main ingredients are lily bulbs, kelp strips, Korean sweet potato vermicelli and red bell pepper. It’s fresh, healthy, eye-catching and yummy!
The vegan recipe for Lily Bulb, Kelp and Bell Pepper Chinese Salad:
servings – 4
- 2 fresh lily bulbs 鲜百合 (tear into petals, wash, soak in salt water for 10 minutes and remove)
- 1 cup soaked kelp strips (*soak kelp in water until soft and cut into fine strips)
- 1 cup soaked Korean sweet potato vermicelli
- 1/2 red bell pepper (cut into strips)
- 3 tbsp roasted white sesame seeds
- 1/2 lemon (squeeze the juice)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup plum sauce
- Blanch kelp strips and Korean sweet potato vermicelli in boiling water; remove, drain and set aside.
- Arrange lily bulbs, red bell pepper strips, kelp strips and Korean sweet potato vermicelli on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle sesame oil, lemon juice and plum sauce over; mix well.
- Lastly, top with white sesame seeds.