The vegan recipe for Fried Mashed Potatoes:
servings – 3 to 6
- 6 small sized potatoes (steam until soft, peel and mash)
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tbsp vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a potato dough.
- Spread some flour on a table and press out the dough with your hands into a rectangle of 1/2 inch of height.
- Use a plastic knife to cut the potato rectangle into 6 portions and fry them until golden brown over medium heat.
- Remove, drain and serve.