The vegan recipe for Vegan Spicy Pickles:
servings – 6 to 8
- 600 g unripe mango (dice)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp salt
- Mix diced mango with salt and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil over low heat, fry mustard seeds and cumin seeds until they start to crack, remove and let cool.
- Add chili powder and turmeric powder to the salted diced mango (Step 1), mix well and set aside to marinate for another 15 minutes.
- Pour the fried mustard seeds, cumin seeds and vegetable oil (Step 2) over and mix well.
- Transfer to a glass container and refrigerate overnight before serving.