The Vegetarian Recipe for Young Mango Pickle:
servings – 8
- 1 kg young mangoes (wash, cut into halves and remove the kernels)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup boiled water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- In a mixing bowl, mix the mangoes with salt; marinate for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and mix well; marinate for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a jar.
- Combine boiled water and rice vinegar; pour the liquid into the jar (* if required: add more boiled water to ensure all the mangoes are submerged in the liquid).
- Keep in the refrigerator, shake the jar occasionally and serve after 2 days.