The vegetarian recipe for Spicy Seaweed Noodle Soup:
servings – 4
- 1 kg wheat noodles/生面 saang mein (blanch in boiling water and drain)
- 100 g pickled mustard tuber/zha cai (slice, soak in water for 15 minutes and drain)
- 20 g seaweed sheet
- 8 bean curd puffs (cut in half)
- 150 g oyster mushrooms
- 300 g water spinach (take the leaves, blanch in boiling water and drain)
- 300 g bean sprouts (blanch in boiling water and drain)
- 2.5 liter water
- 100 g vegetarian fish/素食乌柳宜 su shi wu liu yu (slice, pan-fry until fragrant and drain)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 20 g vegetarian belacan
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vegetarian seasoning
- Heat oil, add vegetarian belacan and saute until fragrant; add chili powder and saute until fragrant; then put the spicy mixture in a pot.
- Add pickled mustard tuber and water; cook for 30 minutes.
- Add bean curd puffs and seaweed; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add oyster mushrooms, soy sauce and vegetarian seasoning; cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Then, place wheat noodles, water spinach, bean sprouts and vegetarian fish slices in soup bowls; scoop out the soup and gently pour over.
- Serve with Vegetarian Belacan Chili Paste.