The vegetarian recipe for Mustard Green Rice Porridge:
servings – 4
- 250 g mustard greens (cut in to small pieces)
- 1/2 cup rice
- 4 shiitake mushrooms (soak in water until soft and cut into thin strips)
- 8 slices ginger (cut into thin strips)
- 5 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Pan-fry ginger until golden brown, remove and set aside.
- Place rice and water in a pot; cook for 20 minutes.
- Pan-fry shiitake mushrooms until fragrant, remove and add them to the pot with mustard greens; cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt and soy sauce; stir well.
- Ladle into bowls and top with pan-fried ginger.