The vegan recipe for Yam Spring Rolls:
servings – 14 spring rolls
- 125 g yam (peel, cut into chunks, steam until tender and mash)
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- 14 mini spring roll wrappers
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp wheat flour (mix with some water)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- Combine yam, white sesame seeds, tapioca starch, salt and black pepper powder.
- Lay 1 tbsp yam mixture in the center of a spring roll wrapper, fold the bottom edge up (to cover the filling), turn the left and right edges in, roll up and seal the top edge with the wheat flour paste; repeat.
- Fry the yam spring rolls in hot oil until golden brown.
- Remove, drain and serve.