The vegan recipe for Eight Treasure Soy Parcel:
servings – 6
- 2 dried bean curd sheets – approximately 40 x 40 cm
- 2 fresh bean curd parcels 生豆包 sheng dou bao – approximately 500 g (unfold)
- 1 cup dried chestnuts (soak overnight)
- 1 cup cored dried lotus seeds (soak overnight)
- ½ cup dried lily bulbs 干百合 gan bai he (soak overnight)
- 20 ginkgo nuts 干百果 gan bai guo (remove the shell and skin)
- 1 cup diced shiitake mushrooms (*soak shiitake mushrooms in water until soft and dice)
- ½ cup carrot cubes
- ½ cup green peas
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ tsp white pepper powder
- Lay both dried bean curd sheets on a piece of aluminum foil (46×46 cm), then place 1 unfolded fresh bean curd parcel in the middle and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil, fry diced shiitake mushrooms until fragrant, add soy sauce and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add chestnuts, lotus seeds and water, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add lily bulbs, ginkgo nuts, carrot cubes and green peas; stir fry till well mixed.
- Sprinkle white pepper powder and sesame oil over; stir evenly and turn off the flame.
- Ladle the cooked lotus seed mixture onto step 1’s fresh bean curd parcel, cover over with the other unfolded fresh bean curd parcel and sprinkle with salt plus nutritional yeast flakes.
- Tightly wrap up with the dried bean curd sheets which are at the outer side and seal up the aluminum foil.
- Steam for 1 hour, remove and serve.