Vege Angel’s 365th vegetarian recipe – Lavender Smoked Tofu:
servings – 5
- 500 g hard tofu (cut lengthwise into ½ cm thick slices)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp rice
- 1 tbsp dried lavender flowers – herb
- Combine the seasonings, sprinkle the mixture evenly over the tofu slices, lay the tofu on the oven’s grill grate, bake at 150°C for 20 minutes and remove.
- Lay a sheet of aluminum foil in the center of a wok, combine the smoke ingredients and spread the mixture onto the foil.
- Transfer the baked tofu slices to a round grill grate, place the grate in the wok (and above the foil), cover the wok with a lid and heat over low heat.
- When the white smoke starts to emerge from the sides of the lid, wait for 1 minute before switching off the heat and wait another 5 minutes before lifting the lid.
- Remove the lavender smoked tofu and set on a plate.
- May serve with plum sauce or your favorite Vegetarian Sauce.