The vegetarian recipe for Vegetable Tempura:
servings – 4 to 6
- 2 white cabbage leaves (cut into pieces)
- 1/2 carrot (slice into rounds)
- 6 baby corns (cut in half)
- 3 long beans (cut into 2-inch lengths)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut into pieces)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- Place self-rising flour, water, salt and white pepper powder in a mixing bowl and stir to form a smooth batter.
- Dip all the vegetables (cabbage, carrot, baby corns, long beans and green bell pepper) in the batter, then coat with tapioca starch and fry until golden brown.
- Remove, drain and serve with Tempura Dipping Sauce.