The vegetarian recipe for Sweet Potato Dumplings Filled With Coconut Palm Sugar:
servings – 30 sweet potato dumplings
- 500 g or 1/2 sweet potato (peel, cut into chunks and steam for 15 minutes)
- 3 pieces coconut palm sugar (cut into tiny cubes)
- 3 cups shredded coconut (add some salt and mix well)
- 2 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 10 pandan leaves (cut into small pieces, place in a mortar, add some water, pound and extract the juice)
- Flatten the sweet potato with a roller pin, add tapioca starch and pandan juice; combine and knead evenly.
- Scoop out 1 tbsp sweet potato dough, make a round shape, lay 1 coconut palm sugar cube in the center, wrap up and roll into a ball; repeat.
- Place the sweet potato dumplings in a pot of boiling water and cook until they float.
- Remove the dumplings from the pot, drain and coat in shredded coconut.
- Cool and serve.