The vegetarian recipe for Cinnamon Rolls:
servings – 10 buns
- 2 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- Place all the ingredients in a sauce pot.
- Cook over low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove and cool.
- 4 1/2 cups wheat flour (sieve)
- 2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- Combine all the ingredients and knead the dough until smooth.
- Flour a flat surface and roll the dough into a long loaf.
- By using a rolling pin, flatten the dough loaf into a (4 inches wide) long rectangle.
- Spread the cinnamon sauce on the dough rectangle, starting from one end, roll up the dough into a spiral shape and slice into 2 inches rolls.
- With the spiral facing up, place the rolls in a greased baking pan and gently press.
- Let ferment for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 160°C for about 35 minutes.
- Remove and serve.