Happy Chinese New Year!
The vegetarian recipe for ‘Vegetarian Yusheng’:
servings – 8
- 1/2 carrot (shred)
- 1/2 cucumber (shred)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (shred)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (shred)
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper (shred)
- 2 leaves red cabbage (blanch and shred)
- 6 shiitake mushrooms (soak in water until soft, remove the stems, shred and saute in vegetable oil until fragrant)
- 8 pieces bamboo pith/bamboo fungus (soak in water until soft, blanch and cut in half horizontally)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts (grind)
- 3 tbsp white sesame seeds (saute without oil until fragrant)
- 1 cup plum sauce
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp five-spice powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Arrange all the vegetables on a round platter with bamboo pith in the center.
- Serve with ground peanuts, white sesame seeds, plum sauce, white pepper powder, five-spice powder and sesame oil.