The vegetarian recipe for Kelp Crackers:
servings – 10 to 20
- 2 cups soaked kelp strips
- 1/2 kg tapioca starch
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp vegetarian seasoning
- 1 tsp white pepper powder
- Place kelp and water in a blender and puree until smooth and fine.
- Gently pour the kelp puree in a pot; add salt, vegetarian seasoning and white pepper powder; combine evenly and occasionally stir to boil.
- Then lay tapioca starch on a baking tray and gently pour the kelp puree over.
- Slowly combine, knead into a dough form, divide into a few portions and roll into long loaves.
- Put adequate amount of water in a pot, bring to a boil, place kelp loaves in it and boil until they float.
- Spread some oil on a big plate or tray and coat the kelp loaves in oil.
- Keep the kelp loaves in the refrigerator and cool.
- Slice, sun-dry and fry.
- May serve hot or keep in food containers.