The vegetarian recipe for Vegetarian Bak Kut Teh:
servings – 4 to 6
- 1 sachet Bak Kut Teh mixed herbs and spices
- 8 bean curd puffs (cut in half)
- 1/2 cup dried lily bulbs/百合 bai he
- 10 soya nuggets/vegetarian roasted chicken 素食香酥鸡 su shi xiang su ji
- 10 slices vegetarian roasted duck/素食黄金鸭 su shi huang jin ya
- 9 cups water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Place water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add Bak Kuat Teh mixed herbs and spices, lily bulbs, bean curd puffs, soya nuggets and vegetarian roasted duck slices.
- Cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes.
- Add salt, soy sauce, vegetarian oyster sauce and sugar.
- Stir evenly and briefly cook.
- May serve with rice or noodles.