The vegetarian recipe for ‘Curry Noodle Soup’:
- 1 kg of fresh wheat noodles/生面 saang mein (blanch for 1 minute, dish out, drain and set aside)
- 200 g of vegetarian fish/素食乌柳宜 su shi wu liu yu (defrost, slice, fry, dish out, drain and set aside)
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 5 stalks of lemon grass (crush)
- 10 cardamoms (crush)
- 2 potatoes (peel and cut into 1 cm cubes)
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 10 bean curd puffs (cut in half)
- 3 cups of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of curry leaves
- 3 liters of water
- 3 tablespoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- Heat oil, saute peanut butter + curry powder + chili powder until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk (1/2 cup) and saute for 1 minute.
- Dish out and place into a pot.
- Add curry leaves + lemon grass + cardamoms + potatoes + water and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add soy sauce + bean curd puffs + coconut milk (2 1/2 cup) and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Place fresh wheat noodles into soup bowls.
- Scoop out the curry soup and pour over.
- Top with vegetarian fish slices before serving.