The vegetarian recipe for Vegetarian Fish Korma:
servings – 6
- 2 pieces ‘wheat cod fish’ 素麦鳕鱼 su mai xue yu/vegetarian fish
- 2 tomatoes (cut each into 6 wedges)
- 2 green chilies (cut each into 6 pieces)
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts (put in a blender, add 2 cups water and pulse until smooth)
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp korma/kurma powder
- 2 tbsp fish curry powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- Heat oil, fry vegetarian fish on both sides for 30 seconds, dish out and cut into sections.
- In the remaining oil, add curry powder and saute over low heat until fragrant.
- Add korma powder and briefly saute.
- Add cashew nut paste, salt, turmeric powder and vegetarian fish; cover the pan and simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and green chilies; briefly saute.
- Cook for another 1 minute before serving.