The vegan recipe for Sugar-Free Vegetarian Chestnut Mooncake:
servings – 6 X 2 1/2 inches diameter vegan mooncakes
- 120 g roasted chestnut kernels (mash)
- 8 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 drops food coloring – optional
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Filling: Combine mashed chestnuts and grape seed oil (3 tbsp), knead until smooth, divide into 6 equal portions and form them into balls.
- Pastry: Combine wheat flour, grape seed oil (5 tbsp), food coloring, water and sea salt; knead until smooth, divide into 6 equal portions and form them into balls.
- Flatten the pastry, place the chestnut filling in the center, wrap up, roll into a smooth ball and shape it with a mooncake mold.
- Spread some wheat flour on the baking tray and lay all the vegan mooncakes on it.
- Bake at 170°C for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Happy Mid-Autumn Festival, enjoy!