The vegan recipe for Double Spicy Stuffed Chilies:
servings – 12 vegan stuffed chilies
- 500 g russet potatoes (steam until soft, peel and mash)
- 12 red chilies (make a vertical slit and remove the seeds)
- 1 tsp white peppercorns (crush)
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- First, combine the mashed potatoes with the crushed white peppercorns, tapioca starch and salt; mix well.
- Stuff the red chilies with the above potato filling.
- Lay the stuffed chilies on a baking tray and sprinkle the vegetable oil over.
- Bake at 170°C for 20 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
Indian method of stuffed chilies is somewhat different.
In hot oil gram flour is roasted with turmeric,salt,coriander powder.Added to it is equal quantity of water and a bit of tumerind paste,when it becomes thick let it cool,then fill it inside chilies and then chilies are roasted in oil.
Yummy! Thank you for your kind sharing.