The vegan recipe for Gluten-Free Potato Doughnuts:
servings – 15 to 20 gluten-free doughnuts
- 1 kg potatoes (steam or boil the potatoes until soft, peel and mash)
- 3/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp instant dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- In a big mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and seasonings; mix well, knead the potato dough and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Rub some oil on a clean workbench, knead the dough again and roll it out to 1 cm thickness.
- Use a doughnut cutter to cut out the doughnut shapes and let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Put 2 to 3 doughnuts at a time into the hot oil, fry both sides until golden brown, remove them with a skimmer and place them on the paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Repeat step 5 until the dough is used up.
- Serve hot and may accompany the doughnuts with shredded cucumber and Natural Tomato Sauce.