The vegan recipe for Christmas Tree Oatmeal Crackers:
servings – 40 crackers
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup ground golden flax seeds
- 1 tbsp ground basil leaves
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a smooth dough.
- Lightly flour the table and baking trays.
- Place the dough on the lightly floured table, roll out into a thin dough sheet and use a Christmas tree cookie cutter to cut out the Christmas tree shapes.
- Lay all the dough Christmas trees on the baking trays.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for about 30 minutes.
- Remove, cool and serve.